These weeklong courses encourage young writers to unleash their creativity in the genre of their choice.
· Each day, we will focus on a specific tool of successful creative writing: observation, language, voice, scene, and character.
· The workshop is student-driven. Participants will choose their own focus genre: fiction, nonfiction, or poetry.
· Every class will feature in-class writing exercises, as well as reading aloud, and constructive workshopping.
· With a maximum of six participants, students will receive plenty of personal feedback, as well as two personal conferences with me.
· Students will complete at least one developed, polished piece by the end of the week.
· Workshops will take place in my home in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn. I’ll provide snack, as well as one field trip to write “on the scene” in the Botanic Gardens.
· We will finish the course with a reading at a local coffee shop!
Dates are flexible! Sessions will run weekly through late June and July, 9:30-12:30, or 1:30-4:30. Students can sign up for one or both day sessions. Please contact me to discuss dates. $200 per student.
As always, I am available all summer for tutoring, remediation, and school change help. Look for my College Essay Workshop coming soon!